January

We are 6 days into February so I think its about time I reviewed my 2014 so far.
January has been a bit of a topsy turvy month with many ups and downs.
In the middle of January I booked a place on the BBC Get In program, this basically is a morning or afternoon where you are told information about the trainee schemes that the BBC have in place. The places were limited and were gone in a couple of minutes but I managed to bag a ticket which I'm glad I did. I decided to go to the event alone to get the most out of it really and increase my independence.
Setting off in the morning I missed my train so was panicking that I wouldn't make it in time and wouldn't give off a good impression. I also had to work around the metro which I had never been on.
When I arrived in Media City it was quite surreal and in an instance I felt like this was the type of environment I belonged in. Arriving about 5 minutes late I approached the desk and was given a name tag and led up to a set of many lifts, stepping out of the lift on the 3rd floor I could see the magnificent set up that was the BBC offices. I was hurried along with 2 other people to an open space where many people were listening to the talk. Finding the closest seat I sat down and started taking notes on the subject which included Journalism and Production, the talks were very informative and although the previous journalism trainees weren't there the production ones answered many questions about the program. Some of their responses actually made me want to try out some part of production due to some of the things they had experienced.
We were then told to split into groups where we had to create a programme concept. Our idea was that of a Game show called I can do it where different people would be put to the test pushing themselves to the limit. The idea was liked but the whole room were advised that for our applications we should avoid teenage programmes as they are generic and don't stand out from the crowd. After more information I had a bit of a wander around and then left ultimately feeling like I'd learnt quite a lot and had been inspired.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment