Review: Face Cream

For those who don't know me I find great pleasure in moisturising especially my face. Because I'm prone to dry skin I generally moisturise twice a day. So I thought since I love moisturising so much why don't I do a review on the face creams I have.

Bad quality picture taken by the Iphone

1. Firstly I have the hydrating night cream from Tesco, I bought this on a whim after looking for hand cream. I'd never really used night cream before buying this so was a bit unsure as to the benefits. With night cream I don't tend to put it on everyday because you're meant to let your skin breathe and repair at night or so I'm told. Anyway I bought this cream for £1, such a bargain! At that price it was worth a try. Large supermarkets like Tesco & ASDA tend to have their own brand of creams and makeup which is definitely worth a look at the cheap prices. It has no fragrance but if I was to say it smells like some sort of chemicals which isn't very attractive. The cream has added vitamin E which benefits the skin adding more moisture. I must say though that the cream is quite runny which I don't like for my skin but since it is only a night cream and for £1 I'd give this cream a 6/10.

2. The next cream is what I use everyday after I've washed my face or had a shower and then maybe once more before I go out. Its a Garnier essentials hydrating day care cream. I absolutely love the container which is what first attracted me to buy it. I'd ran out of my usual day cream and this was the cheapest option on the shelf at £4. The cream is in a kind of gel which makes the cream less greasy and isn't a very heavy cream. After I use it I always feel refreshed by it and awake. It has a nice refreshing cucumber fragrance which I feel always lightens my mood and makes me feel better. I don't know why maybe that's just me. 8/10
Yet another bad quality photo.
3. Now this is my absolute favourite cream but also the most expensive. The one I'm reviewing is the Olay anti-wrinkle SPF 15 for mature skin. So I really shouldn't use it because its for mature skin but they also do a younger range which I'll be buying very soon. This cream is actually my mums and she goes a little mad when other people use it so sorry mum. First of all this cream has SPF 15 in it so its great for summer, but also winter. An article I read a while back said that you should always wear sun cream no mater what time of the year, even in winter. This is because of the suns UV rays which are out at all times even when its cold. Sun can really damage skin so this is a great benefit to the cream. The smell is my second thing to report on its a kind of older persons smell if that makes sense but I absolutely love it. This might be because my mum has always used Olay so it reminds me of when I was younger but I don't know why its lovely! Finally the cream is anti-wrinkle that phrase is my favourite thing to here. I'm only 18 years old but I am starting to see the odd wrinkle appearing on my forehead and everyone wants to stay young right? The cream is heavier than the other 2 but still gives your skin chance to breathe. 9/10 maybe I'm a little biased.
This shows the different colours and textures of the creams. Not very good quality, I apologize.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment